Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sunday

Ben's transition home has been a little bumpy.  I think he thought once he was home life would go back to normal.  But obviously he still has a lot of healing to do.  So today he is pretty tired and I'm glad he is listening to his body and just hanging out on the couch resting.  His face and eyes swelled up overnight again but that's normal.   He says he is not in pain, which is pretty amazing I think.  Dr. K said the next couple of weeks need to be pretty low-key and he can't do any activities (like the swingset or bike riding) that could cause him to injure his head.  After that he can get back to playing but no swimming for about 6 weeks and we have to be really careful to keep his scar covered in the sun for the next 6 months.

3 comments:

  1. Slow and steady will be Benjamin's journey, although he truly has amazed me with how much progress he has all ready made! I am very reassured, that by listening to his body and pacing his activities, he will have a very positive recovery! We are all so proud of Benjamin☺️
    You will all remain in our thoughts and prayers.
    ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis O'Neill...I'm so happy to hear Ben is home. You're all in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you are home, give him a kiss from us!

    ReplyDelete